Monday, September 10, 2012

Cloud9 plus WPlus9

It's time for the monthly Cloud9 challenge for fans of WPlus9 stamps.  This month's challenge is to use this inspiration picture...


I was immediately attracted to the cascading bird cages.  I have the MOST darling WPlus9 bird house dies and decided to use those for the "cascade".  I have to tell you that these dies come with a sweet little roof.  Having seen the roof, I feel like my bird houses are missing something - but the card was just too full with three little roofs so I've convinced myself that they can stand alone!

Cloud9 with WPlus9

I had wanted to add the pop of color with the flowers, but I am loving the colors at Stampin' Royalty this week so decided to stick with those.


I have an update on yesterday's "love 'em most of the time" story with particular emphasis on the cat that woke me at 4 a.m. and the little lost leaf die.

This is the cat...

Chiquita

Can you see the devilish gleam in her eyes?

She is a particularly annoying creature, but she has one redeeming quality...she thinks she is a dog and LOVES to fetch.  She scampers after her "toys", then comes back with this jaunty walk - bow-legged and broad-shouldered - "Look at me, Mom, I got it!  I got it!!"  

As I was making this card, I notice she's standing there in her tough, I-got-it pose, so since it's early and we were the only ones up, I started a conversation.  "Whatcha got girl?...your favorite peppermint candy? (she loves chasing anything wrapped in cellophane)...your nerf dart?...or (my personal favorite to the chagrin of my men)...a tampon?? (the crinkly wrapper is so much fun!)."  

She dropped her conquest at my feet.

Can you guess what it was?
.
.
.
The missing itty bitty leaf die!!!

I have no idea where she came up with it given we spent an hour and a half looking for it...but she is now officially forgiven for the early morning wake up call.

(And I have just spent the last half hour finding new ways to store my dies given she clearly has a new favorite toy!)

I'm also entering this at Simon Says Put a Stamp On It.
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Love Birds (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pool Party
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Folk Art Floral Dies, Darcies embossing folder, crochet thread

No comments:

Post a Comment