Sunday, September 16, 2012

His Love Reaches to the Skies

I've been toying with the idea for this card since last Tuesday.  Loved the idea...hated everything I did.

The inspiration was this week's CASology Cue Card.



The idea was simply a kite with a beautiful saying from Our Daily Bread Designs:

Your love O Lord
Reaches to the heavens
And Your faithfulness
to the skies.
Psalm 36:5

This morning it dawned on me that I was going too "expected" with my colors...using blues for the "sky".  It's not horrible but it doesn't do justice to the beautiful saying.  The kite looked plain - I tried gems and buttons and bows...but nothing worked.


I've recently had blog friends use black as the ocean, and another did a purple sun, and another used a red background to a winter tree (obviously you should go blue or lavender with snowflakes!!??)  Unexpected touches that really made the cards.  So I went hunting for a color combo that I liked and landed on the second Fab Friday challenge.


What an elegant color combo!  And I was thrilled to play along because I also played along with their VERY first challenge two weeks ago!  So here's what happens when I put a gray, tan and yellow kite in the sky.  It added the elegance and uniqueness that I was missing.

Love and Faithfulness
I did add a coating of glitter to the gray part of the kite and a few gems to give it the sparkle it deserves!
My apologies to the ladies at Fab Friday.  They are all Stampin' Up demonstrators and, other than the paper, I didn't use anything Stampin' Up.  They don't require Stampin' Up so I am entering this anyway.   But I do want to thank them.  I had sort of ignored my Stampin' Up stamp collection for awhile, but then I made a Stampin' Up card for their first challenge and since then, I have made seven more!!
  • Stamps: Our Daily Bread Faith, Papertrey Ink Up, Up and Away (kite string)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, So Saffron
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Sahara Sand (kite string)
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things kite die, Close To My Heart Bitty Gems, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment