Wednesday, September 12, 2012

VERY easy Vogue might be a bit of a stretch

I will admit it once again...I DO NOT sew garments...I do not speak the language...I am from the land of paper piecing and half square triangles...of bindings and backings all all the good things that come with quilting ( although I do not consider myself a real quilter).

I did see a pattern for a wrap dress, I LOVE wrap dresses!!!! Flattering on every figure, comfortable and can go to any event. It may be the one HAVE to HAVE that will always be in my closet.

Here is the pattern...

At the top it says..."VERY EASY VOGUE"...I was questioning that on my Facebook Wall and two of my sweet friends Teresa from Crinkle Dreams and Jen at BettyCrockerAss pitched up and said "Let's DO THIS!"  Having people on your team when undertaking an unfamiliar project is a good thing!


I chose to work with a heavy knit with a gathered pattern, it is pretty cool but weighs about one ton, Teresa says it can be my cardio when I wear it,LOL!!!!



The problems started when I broke not one...

but TWO marking tools...I ended up using the kid's sidewalk chalk...desperate measures...


When I finally figured out what the H*** the pattern was saying, I was able to sew together the bodice, lining and all!!!! For the lining I bought some Pellon Ek 130 Easy Knit...in BLACK!!!!!  As with all the Pellon products I have used...LOVE!!!!!


So, here I am, four days later, with the bodice done and 50 more pounds of skirt to attach...it is bigger than me so I am a bit afraid of it!!!!! If you do not hear from me by next Monday, could you please send out a rescue team to look under a HUGE pile o black knit!!!!!!!


Happily linked to


No comments:

Post a Comment