Friday, April 1, 2011

My very first pillow.

    

 I am so very excited! I was able to finish a project this week and it is something that:

a. Was on my extremely long to do list
b. Something I had never done before
c. Something I was very much afraid to attempt

I know seems kind of silly to be afraid to try a pillow cover but since I was just winging it I was maybe just more nervous than fearful. Nerves and the need to have something accomplished by Friday ( this was Wednesday) was far greater than any silly nervousness I may have had, so I just jumped right in!



The inspiration was this basket of left over strips from another quilt. and an empty chair. We all have one of those empty chairs that just seems to beg and plead for a new pillow to cuddle with.


I was lucky since I had already sewn the strips I just needed to line them up in the colors I wanted color,solid,color, solid,color  and then solid, color ,solid, color, solid. Very easy!



Sew them puppies up!


This is what the finished block looks like for the center.




Added sashing in a beautiful gray and some linen. This is what the finished pillow looks like! I am so very excited!!!!! I was going to make another but became busy with another project I needed to finish up.


The back is just super simple!


The back is not perfect, I know, but no one really looks at the back and I know how to make it better in the future.




Thanks for looking.

Kim  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment