Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Less Is More: Touch of Red

This week's Less Is More challenge is to add just a touch of red.

Before I made my card, I decided to relax while I was eating lunch and I browsed all 213(!) cards that have already been posted for this challenge.  Wow!  They are amazing!!  So as I was staring at my supplies wondering what I would do for this challenge, my mind was swirling with all of the beautiful cards that I had just seen.  It made it almost impossible to make a card of my own.  I finally decided to go with a beautiful stamp, a border punch - and call it done!!


The text across the bottom was a last minute addition.  I took my photos of the original card without the text.  I always study the photo and I often find something that isn't quite balanced or quite right.  In this case, the rose was stamped a little too high - it seemed really top heavy...not grounded.  Instead of starting over, I simply pulled out this text stamp to add some weight to the bottom.  Problem solved!!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Stipple Rose, Verve Because of You (sentiment), Papertrey Ink Text Style
  • Inks: black, Stampin' Up Going Gray marker (around roses) and pad (on text stamp)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up gems (colored with copics), Martha Stewart border punch
----------------------------------

I am so very proud to say that I made last week's Less Is More ShowCASe with this card (details here):


This is the second time that I have made their ShowCASe and both times have been with sympathy cards.  I do make a lot of sympathy cards for church and I think clean and simple cards work perfectly for sympathy.  I actually enjoy coming up with an idea that honors and comforts and (eventually) brings some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment