Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cookies and Cream Cookies

 
 A couple weeks ago I met a new blogging friend, Raina at  The Garden of Yum, who posted these delicious Cookies and Cream Cookies.  My soon to be ten-year old daughter is absolutely in love with anything cookies and cream these days and I knew instantly she would love these intensely chocolately, chewy & chunky, brownie-like cookies.  Who wouldn't?
First, you need a package of these new Cookies and Creme drops from Hershey's.  (They're fairly easy to find.  I found a package at my local Walgreens on sale for $2.49).  Speaking of which, I am a complete fan of shopping at Walgreens.  If you pay attention to their ads you can get some super good deals.  I really love that they let you combine their Walgreen's coupons with the regular coupons from the paper.  For example, I buy Rice Krispies cereal a lot.  A couple of weeks ago they had Rice Krispies on sale 2/$3.  There was a Walgreen's coupon for $1 off and then I had another coupon for $1 off 2 boxes.  I was able to get two boxes of Rice Krispies for $1.  Now that's a good deal!  (I'm really not trying to sell you on Walgreen's.  I just wanted to share my excitement over the good deals I've been getting).
Cookies and Cream Cookies  
 recipe courtesy of Raina at The Garden of Yum(link above) who originally got it from Cookies and Cups
2 sticks butter (1 cup)
1 1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (special dark or regular)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips)
12 oz. Hershey's Cookies and Creme drops (if you can't find these because they are a new item use coarsely chopped Cookies and Cream Kisses OR Hershey's Cookies and Creme Bars)

Preheat to 350
Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy and light.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
On low, slowly beat in cocoa powder until well incorporated.

On low mix in your remaining dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt).
Fold in your Cookies and Creme drops and chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.

Drop by large tablespoonful on a parchment lined baking sheet.

I recommend under baking these. So bake for approx 12 minutes or until edges are set.

When done baking let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
 Thanks to Raina at The Garden of Yum for such a great recipe.  These delicious cookies would satisfy any chocolate craving.  The whole family loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment