Sunday, April 10, 2011

For a special gentleman

I just came from the 70th birthday party of a very special gentleman.  He retired at 55 and within a few months was diagnosed with cancer.  He has been fighting it ever since.   He has been an inspiration to all of us in his church family - as he is a fantastic husband, father and grandfather, active church volunteer, deep and passionate Christian, and he is endlessly optimistic about what God has in store for him.

His passion is cars - amateur racing and restoring old Porsches, so I had actually picked up these car stamps for his 60th birthday (at which time no one though he would last the year.)  I had to bring it out again for this special occasion:


Nothing fancy on this card - it just wouldn't have fit him.  I combined the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (turned sideways) with the colors from Create Ink's ColorLab .  I was going for masculine, yet cheerful and optimistic and I feel good about the results.



  • Stamps: Close To My Heart Road Trip, Stampin' Up Upsy Daisy (sentiment), Papertrey Star Prints
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade (with a little Real Red on the edges), Espresso
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Espresso CS and dsp
  • Accessories: Star punch, Papertrey banner dies and woodgrain impression plate

No comments:

Post a Comment