Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Building a Cake in Red & Aqua

I just spent a couple of days ALL by myself with a good book, a fireplace, and a good bottle of wine!!!  We have a small place in Frisco, Colorado which is right in the middle of all of the ski areas in Summit County.  It's a great family area - skiing all winter, hiking all summer, plus tons of restaurants, festivals, etc.  Typically, we all go and spend family time. After active days, we spend our evenings with old-fashioned card games, puzzles and books.  But this time, I got to run away by myself (that probably means I was getting a little cranky and demanding at home because the boys happily sent me away!)

So I had to share a couple of pictures that I took April 25th!!!  I LOVE this weather!!




For all of you are shivering now (and even those that aren't) - now you need to go visit JENerally Speaking.  Not only does Jen make beautiful cards, but she regularly shares pictures of her home in Bermuda - - very different pictures than I just shared!
---------------------------

I only got one card made today.  The boys happily sent me away but it is funny that socks didn't get folded, jeans didn't get washed and homework wasn't finished - so I was a little busy today!

I had such fun with this Lawn Fawn Bake Me a Cake set.  Each layer is separate - you can build your cake any way you want - and there are tons of "frostings" and "decorations" to choose from too!!

I am rather proud of myself for thinking outside of the box - I started building my cake straight up and down - a perfect cake!!  Then I decided the card needed some interest so I started adding crooked layers.  This has definitely been out of my comfort zone!




I used today's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge.



And I used the color challenge from CR84FN.



  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn, sentiment from Stampin' Up Hodepodge Happiness
  • Ink: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug dots, Stampin' Up Scallop Border Punch, Papertrey Hawaiian Shores ribbon, The Twinery Baker's Twine, Quickutz tag die, Stickles and Martha Stewart glitter glue, misc red buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment