Monday, April 25, 2011

A quilt for my grandma



I am very blessed that I still have living grandmothers. One will be 92 in May and I thought it would be nice to make a quilt for her. She is a tiny ( I think she may be 4-11 in her heels) real Southern lady that growing up would have tea with me and run me out of the formal living room. She is now in a care facility and I thought a bright colorful quilt on her birthday might be nice.







I bought these charms a bit ago not knowing what I would use them for. 
My original idea for her quilt  was to use my Dado's  flannel shirts. 
He had passed some time ago and I thought there might still be some in the house somewhere. 
Sadly, they are all gone. I thought this would be a good alternative and my sister said as long as it is pastel she will like it!!!!! My sister is older and always right so I went with it.


I was able to finish the quilt top this past weekend and I am really liking the colors. 
Very simple and lovely. 



I was working on the quilt back this morning and then I noticed something kinda funny... my breakfast shake looked like the fabric. Strawberries, banana, spinach and whey protein... 
I knew it was a  good sign ;o) 




I was able to get started in on the quilting and then my arthritis kicked in :o(  
I am hoping tomorrow it will be gone and I can finish and have this off to my Weece in time!!!!

I think it is so pretty in the light!!!!!


When I was shooting it outside, an inchworm decided he liked it too :o) 
Who knew inchworms had such good taste????




Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment