Saturday, April 30, 2011

Less Is More: Thank You

This week's challenge at Less Is More is to create a thank you or a congratulations card.  They say it is to thank us for our support and to congratulate us for our fabulous entries.  It should be a thank you to Chrissie and Mandi for inspiring us each week and a congratulations for creating such a wildly successful blog!



I used a double-embossing technique on this card that I think adds enormous interest.  In this case, I first embossed with a polka dot folder and then embossed again with this Cuttlebug flower folder.  I have done a number of these in the past.  This post is all about embossing folder fun - towards the bottom half are four other cards with the double-embossing technique.

This card also is the start of a project that I have had in my head for some time. 

First, you should know that I really don't have a creative bone in my body.  But I read blogs and study other cards to come up with ideas and then I try to put them all together into my work.  One of the things that fascinates me is the way people layer punches and dies.  A unique layering of punches can add so much - particularly to a clean and simple card.  I often get stuck in a rut of punching an oval and a scalloped oval and calling it done. 

I have collected a number of layered punch ideas over the years and I have wanted to put them together in a reference document (instead of the slips of papers and post-it notes that are cluttering my files!).  Since I added a layered punch to my card, I finally started this document!!  My most recent notes came from viewing the cards in my friend's craft room so these all come from her.  I have many more to add.


I would LOVE your help.  If you have created or seen a particurly nice layered punch or die idea (preferably using Stampin' Up product) - let me know.  Link to it in your comments or send me an e-mail.  I will add it to this document and will certainly credit you.  In a month or so - I will convert this to an on-line document and link it in my sidebar, then we can all have these idea easily at hand!

Thank you!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Days of Gratitude (sentiment)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Old Olive
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Peach Parfait CS and dsp, Pear Pizzazz CS, Very Vanilla CS
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up gems (colored with copics), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Everyday Greetings Combo folders, Stampin' Up Punches: Designer Label, 1" Circle and Modern Label

No comments:

Post a Comment