Monday, April 4, 2011

easter egg garland

This past weekend was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. On Saturday night there's a Priesthood Session for the men. When the boys were younger, Lynn used to take them (and their friends) for milkshakes at Purple Turtle after each session. They've now graduated to dinner before each session. It's a fun tradition they've had for 15 years now.

Ella and I decided we'd make it a girl's night too. I told her she could choose what we'd have for dinner and then we could do something special together. She chose pizza for dinner and then to do a craft (no surprise there).

Our craft was this simple Easter egg garland. I got the idea from the blog eighteen25.


Have you ever noticed there are holes at each end of plastic eggs? It makes them super simple to string together. We used crochet thread on a needle.


You can leave an extra length of string at each end for hanging or I ran it through the holes a couple of times and tied it off...


so we could hang it on our mantle. Now Elles wants to make a garland for her room.

Ella and I decided to repeat the same color combination throughout the entire garland. I asked her what color was next after the pink one. She answered, "You mean what color comes next in the pattern?" Uh...yes, that's exactly what I meant. I'm sure that's Miss Ginny's doing. :) Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment