Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sometimes it is just too hard to resist:o)



I could not resist cutting into the Picnic/Fairgrounds fabric. I have to say, I really am impressed with it. It is not the usual thin sandpaper feeling fabric that I seem to always find in Joann's, which is why I do not buy Joann's fabric lines. This has a nice quality feel and weight to it. Bravo Denyse Schmidt and Joann's!!!!!

I ended up making the Sprockets Pillow on Cluck Cluck Sew. It was a great way to get a quick sewing fix except for two things...



I did not think of the direction of how the pieces would connect after I sewed them together *head smack* so I ended up with a bunch of pieces that did not match up. I was having a bad sewing day! 



I decided that visual clues (and more coffee) might be needed. 



I had some help doing the sewing. Adam sat on my lap and helped his Mama quilt the entire top. What a sweetie!





The second issue I had was the covered button. I had to go to Joann's to buy a larger one and bought the kit that needed no tools shown below. My advice,never buy these. No tools my Aunt Fannie! There were pliers,hammers and all sorts of other things involved and I was unable to get even half the thing in. Then I ended up breaking it!





Off to Joann's I went again, and I came home with these. If you are going to make the larger pillow the one on the left is the perfect size. I bought the one on the right for some I am going to make for Heather Ross pillows for Adam's be to match his quilt (whenever that gets finished).



I also came home with these. They are right at the front of the store. At eye level, just like the Swedish Fish that the kids cannot resist went we are leaving the store. 



The finished pillow that I love and Adam is already wearing as a hat! 


Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!!!!

Submitted for Sew And Tell Friday!!!!!!


Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment