Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Focus: Frames To Fill

There are a number of stamp companies that have "frame" stamps with a small opening to add a sentiment or a small image.  I own a number of those stamps.  But they never seem to quite fit what I am trying to do.  So recently, the light bulb came on that I have a huge supply of "frames" that will fit most anything - my Spellbinders Nestabilies cutting dies are a perfect stencil!!


LEAVE AN OPENING FOR BLING:


I simply stamped my sentiment, then found a Nestabilities rectangle that fit around it.  I used a marker to draw around the inside of the nestie, leaving a gap for my three pearls.


This one-layer card is for two challenges: Less Is More which is to focus on the sentiment and the color challenge from CR84FN:


LEAVE AN OPENING FOR A SENTIMENT:


Before I drew my line, I laid the sentiment stamp on the nestie so I knew exactly how big a gap to leave in the frame.


This card is for two challenges: Splitcoast Friday Free For All which is to use a furniture stamp (although I actually have failed this challenge because you were also supposed to dust off a tool or product that you haven't used recently - and I definitely have used my nesties!) and for the Inkspirations Color Challenge.



LEAVE AN OPENING FOR AN IMAGE:


Something that I really like about these frames is how easy it is to make a very clean and simple card.  That little frame really sets off the simple sentiment and image.

This card is for the color throwdown challenge.

Happiness in Friendships:
  • Stamps: Inky Antics sentiment, Stampin' Up Bliss
  • Ink: Black, Pink Pirouette, SU Marker in Going Gray to draw the frame
  • Paper: Very Vanilla
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up pearls colored with copics to match Going Gray, Anna Griffin butterfly punch
Need a Couch Day?:
  • Stamps: Papertrey On the Couch and Additions
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, SU Marker in Black
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Regal Rose, Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, Stampin' Up Rose and Turqoise grosgrain, Papertrey dies to coordinate with On the Couch
The Best Cake Ever:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Bitty Birthday, Hero Arts sentiment (coordinate inside sentiment is simply "...and many more!"
  • Ink: Black, copics to match Stampin' Up Celery, Taken with Teal and Summer Sun
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Taken with Teal
  • Accessories: Stampin' UP Celery grosgrain, Fiskars border punch, Stickles in Yellow and Lagoon

No comments:

Post a Comment