Monday, April 18, 2011

Misting My Leaves

Today's Splitcoast CAS challenge was a sketch that I have followed exactly - right down to the rounded corner.


The fun part of this card was misting the leaves to get the watercolored look.  It's very easy to do.  I have a small bottle that creates a very fine mist.  Mine is by Hero Arts.  I have seen the same type of bottle in the Ranger/Tim Holtz section of stores like Michaels. 

First ink the stamp using the lighter color.  Use a marker to draw lines along the bottom of the leaves.  You can be very random about this because the next step will blur the edges of what you have done.

Use your mister to spritz the stamp.  I did not go very heavy on this card.  I spritzed twice and I had the bottle at least 18" above the stamp.  If you spritz more often or if you hold it closer to the stamp you will get an even more mottled, misty look.  It's really fun to experiement with and see the different looks that you can get.

Stamp immediately.  In this case I like a smoother cardstock - like Stampin' Up's Whisper White - it lets your water droplets spread and gives it a little more of that watercolored look.

I'll be back a little later today with another fun look using water!

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Delicate Leaf Clusters clear set, cdstamps Tag Blessings sentiment
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Pear Pizzazz pad and Old Olive marker, Papertrey Plum Pudding pad and Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant marker, sentiment is in Elegant Eggplant
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Old Olive
  • Accessories: Papertrey Plum ribbon, Quickutz embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. nebulizzatore d acqua

    ReplyDelete