Saturday, April 23, 2011

Classic Graduation

I have hardly posted lately - it's definitely not lack of desire on my part - just a total lack of time!  Being a church musician and an active church volunteer near Easter can be very, very time-consuming!

I did have time today to finish up some Graduation cards that I wanted to get up to our church card rack.  I have done a number already (see Type: Graduation in the left column) - but none of them are traditional.  I definitely needed some classic black and white cards.

When I saw that this week's Less Is More Challenge was "off-centre" - I visualized this tassel hanging in the corner.  I used gold leafing to add the border.




The next card is based on the Techno Stamper Sketch Challenge.  (Techno Stamper is the challenge that allows me to link all of the other participants to my blog, so check out the bottom of this post to see the other players.)




And finally, I tried to use the CardPatterns sketch to showcase this wonderful sentiment.



The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations and says:

God bless you and be with you
on your graduation day,
May He guide you and protect you
as you journey on life's way...
May He give you hope and courage
and faith that's strong and true
With the wisdom to achieve success
in everything you do.


 
I am now going to disappear from my blog for a few more days.  After church services tomorrow and lunch with my brother and family, I get the gift of a few days to myself in our mountain place.   My family has decided they can manage without me until Tuesday.  It's cold and snowy in the mountains and I am going to curl up by the fireplace with a number of library books that are almost overdue. 



"Off-Centre" Tassel
  • Stamps: Tassel is DRS Designs, sentiment is a Stampin' Up single
  • Ink: black
  • Paper: black and white
  • Accessories: scor-tape, gold leafing, gold brad
ConGRADulations:
  • Stamps: Graduate is Stamp of Excellence, sentiment is DRS Designs
  • Ink: black
  • Paper: SU Black, Basic Gray, Going Gray, white
  • Accessories: Taylored Expressions star impression plate, EK Success border punch (from their American Girl line)
A Prayer for the Graduate:
  • Stamps: Heartfelt Creations (note: I cut up the stamp so that the I could use them in a different order)
  • Ink: black
  • Paper: black, white, metallic silver
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug dots embossing folder, silver cord, SU Large Designer Label Punch (just peeking out the top)

-------------------------------------

Here are the other participants in the Techno Stamper Sketch Challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment