Friday, August 9, 2013

Seize the Sketch: Batty in Love

There was no way that I was going to miss the first sketch at Seize the Sketch!  I'm almost at the bottom of my Paper Smooches order so I was somewhat limited to a bat!  But what does a bat do - hang upside down - and the sketch had a wonderful opportunity for twine for him to hang from!

Batty in Love


I don't think I'm done with this sketch yet.  I'm eyeing another set in my new stash that I think would work well...maybe later!

I have been very busy getting organized.  I love the act of organizing - it leads to a fresh start and I love that feeling.  This time I decided to put together a chart of inks.  I've downloaded or created charts for Memento and the Distress Inks and Papertrey and Stampin' Up.  But I had a really bad moment.  I have 113 different Stampin' Up ink colors.  My collection  goes back to colors I'm betting none of you remember - Mint Melody, Mauve Mist - those are going way back.  But look at this...how did I let this happen?


I didn't even know that I didn't have it - so clearly I've never used it.  But...that didn't stop me from jumping on EBay and completing my collection.  Sad, huh??

And I have a question.  Does anybody "understand" Hero Arts inks?  I was looking for a chart of all of their inks and there are a ton of downloadable charts available.  But none of them include all of the inks.  On the Hero Arts site, there is this chart and then there is this chart but there are tons of colors besides what is on those charts.  I love Pale Tomato but it doesn't show up anywhere.  Did they have a big color overhaul?  I'm doubting they retired all of those missing colors because if they did, they didn't leave themselves with many.  Anybody follow Hero Arts?
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Falling for You
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Gray
  • Accesories: Timeless Twine Cape Cod, Ellen Hutson Daffodil Sequins, Ranger Glossy Accents, Paper Smooches Falling for You dies


No comments:

Post a Comment