Monday, August 26, 2013

AEI{heart}U with Avery Elle: Oh Happy Day

The challenge at Avery Elle has a long sentiment panel and since I just got their Oh Happy Day set, I knew that I had to play along!

Oh Happy Day

I really like the script on the sentiment - it's light and airy with just enough frills to be fun but not cutesy. There are eight long sentiments in the set along with those little flowers, birds and even an arrow.  

It's finals week for me this week.  I'm not going to say that I won't be making many cards because I think I may need to come up for air every so often and play with colors and patterns and sequins! I have a 10 page paper to write in a Business Ethics class on an idea for corporate ethics reform.  If anybody has any ideas - let me know.  I am really struggling with the fact that many of these white collar criminals don't need the money they are stealing - I think they simply have gigantic egos and believe they are better than the rest of us.  So I'm just not sure how to reform the system because there really aren't any new rules or any type of  punishment that is going to stop a big ego.  These criminals simply do not think they are going to be caught.  (I've also been struggling with the idea of the class the whole term.  Business ethics classes are now required but I figure you either have ethics or you don't - a class isn't going to change that!)  My second paper is in Intermediate Accounting - comparing the financial statements for Pepsi and Coke in 2007.  Which would you have guessed is the biggest?  I would definitely have said Coke - but Pepsi had 10 billion more in sales.  (That includes all of their subsidiaries too).  Are you bored yet?  Me too!!!!

The fun stuff...
  • Stamps: Avery Elle Oh Happy Day
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Echo Park Splash 6x6 pad
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories: Divine Twine Black Licorice

No comments:

Post a Comment