Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Fusion with Royalty: O Holy Night

Usually I find a challenge that I like to play, then I scrounge around in my craft corner until I find stamps and dies that will work.  Today, I decided to do it all backwards because I absolutely have to deal with an overflowing box of stamps-that-will-not-be-put-away-until-they-see-ink.  I came up with a Christmas set by Verve that has a wonderful look to the sentiments.  It's a beautiful set called Peace on Earth (sadly, when I went to find the link I saw that it was sold out until the end of August!)   Then I went scrounging for challenges.

First, I saw Stampin' Royalty's Christmas In July challenge.  I was definitely heading in the right direction for that one.  Then I saw Fusion.  The sketch had a perfect space to showcase the sentiment and the inspiration photo gave me colors and the stars.  A perfect fusion!!

O Holy Night


I'm not in terrible shape for Christmas cards so far this year, but I could definitely be in better shape. Last year was the one and only year that I was ever ahead - and it felt so good.  I'm trying to remember that feeling every time that I sit down at my craft table so I can get motivated - it's probably going to start looking more like Christmas on this blog!!

  • Stamps: Verve Peace on Earth
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Avery Elle Maple Wood Grain, Stampin' Up Glitter Gold
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers stitched rectangle, My Favorite Things star die, Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist button
Wow!  I have an amazing variety of companies' products on this card, don't I??

No comments:

Post a Comment