Monday, August 6, 2012

Liberty of London circle of LOVE!

I have been meaning to try a circle of geese for a long time, I found a paper piecing pattern on Piece By Number and it has been sitting on my desk...looking at me ...begging me to PLEASE make it soon...so this weekend when I finally cleaned my sewing space and saw it again, I knew it was time. I needed to practice my quilting skills so I looked around and saw the new Liberty of London Bloomsbury Gardens pack that was graciously given to me at Market and KNEW it would be not a circle of geese but a circle of Liberty of London LOVE!!!!!


I really am so thrilled with the finish! The binding is a Liberty of London scarf from Target that I bought and never wore...according to the in house engineer, I am not a scarf person...whatever that means! 

The back and how I WISH I had enough of these blocks to just make a patchwork quilt for my bed! I would have happy dreams every single night!


The batting I used was Pellon Legacy 100% cotton white, I added two layers of the batting ( a Laurie Tigner tip...thank you Laurie) and the thread was not my usual plain white but Aurifil 50wt 2311, it is not a stark bright white but a nice gentle on the eye white, it may be my new staple white.

 I am so happy to have a finish and a Liberty mini to hang in my sewing room!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment