Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Change in Direction

It's only been a few days since I posted, but so much has happened, it feels like forever.

About a week ago, we decided we had to leave our church.  It's a long story that I don't need to bore you with, but it's a church and church-family that we have been part of for sixteen years.  Our children were baptized there, we have been active volunteers and leaders in many different ministries, I play piano for all the services - it's been our church home.  It wasn't a place we wanted to leave, but things aren't right there.

From a cardmaking perspective, the biggest change for me was that I have been part of the church's card ministry for a decade.  My mom started it and, upon her unexpected death, I continued it.  Virtually every card that I have made has been for the church, and for every card that you see on this blog, there are another five or six that you never see.

So, I'm feeling a little lost.

I love making cards, but suddenly I don't have a reason.  I know...I enjoy it...and that counts for a lot.  But after a decade, this is a dramatic change.

What does everybody do with the cards you make??  I would love suggestions.

For now, I have decided that my extra cards (beyond design team duties) will be focused on Christmas cards because I know that I will need them.  I'm definitely not saying you won't see more...I can't ignore all of my other fun toys.  I'm just trying to figure things out.

So...the first thing that I am doing is playing along with Merry Monday and I definitely hope to play consistently throughout the remainder of the year.

Merry Monday


I don't actually own anything on this card.  I have a VERY good friend, who has a VERY large collection!!  I apologize if I don't have the right names for everything in this recipe.  (That's also why I don't quite match the sketch - I only had the scraps that I brought home with me.  In fact the patterned paper was actually cut for the 4.25" dimension.  I had to cut it in half and piece it together behind the ornament!!!)

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Ornament Keepsakes, Petite Pairs
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, the stack of smaller papers in the Holiday mini
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Ornament dies, scallop border, oval and scalloped oval, and a new embossing folder from the holiday mini.


No comments:

Post a Comment