Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Boo from Me to You!

It's Black Tie week at Dynamic Duos...I LOVE Black Tie week because when you think about it, it's effectively one color since black is the other color and it's a neutral!!  Plus there is always a dessert option and I am always happy with dessert.

This week, the second color is River Rock and the dessert is brads.  This could make for an incredibly elegant card.  I've seen some of the other design team cards and they are gorgeous.  But I had an opportunity to play at a friend's house this week.  She is a Stampin' Up demonstrator with a passion for Halloween - so had every new Halloween item for me to play with.  What else could I do?


Happy Boo from Me to You!

The spider is actually a brad.  I'm a little disappointed in him.  He was a charming little guy with a sparkling purple gem in the middle.  I colored the gem with a black Copic hoping for a sparkling black spider - but he got a little dull.

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team, then pull out your River Rock (or something that is close) and link up your card.  We love to see what you create!


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Mixed Medley (hostess), Monster Munchies
  • Paper: Stampin' Up River Rock dsp
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up River Rock ribbon (retired), Spider Web embossing folder and 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, Making Memories spider brads, Imaginisce Eye of Newt brads (They are really called that!!  They are wonderfully sparkly black brads!)

No comments:

Post a Comment