Friday, September 30, 2011

I {heart} sketches (and JAI)

Thanks so much to Jen for posting a reminder that it is the last day of the month and time for a new sketch challenge.  I cannot believe I almost missed September because (1) I haven't missed a sketch yet this year and (2) I actually ordered stamps JUST for this challenge.

The sponsor this month is Skipping Stones Designs - a company out of South Dakota - my home state!!  I have wanted this set for some time so it was a great excuse to order.  You should have seen my happy dance when it came postmarked Rapid City, South Dakota - my home town!!

I needed some help with colors for this card.  I had actually decided I simply didn't have time to make any cards today - so whatever I made had to go quickly.  I scanned this week's challenges looking for something with Crumb Cake and Just Add Ink had it.  Unfortunately, it also included Calypso Coral which is at the top of my "problem" colors - it's so in-your-face, I have a terrible time including it.  I tried to mute it on this card by using white ink.



  • Stamps: Skipping Stones Heartsong
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party, Calypso, Crumb and white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Pool, Calypso, Crumb and Papertrey White
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing (on Crumb), Sizzix/Tim Holtz embossing (on Pool), Stampin 'Up Crumb Cake seam binding and Antique brads, Nestabilities circle and lacey circle

No comments:

Post a Comment