Sunday, September 25, 2011

Papertrey Blog Hop: Bells & Boughs

Today is the monthly Papertrey Blog Hop and this month they included a fun and unique photo inspiration:


I just received a PTI order yesterday and given that I have the goal of using stamps from THE box of yet-to-be used stamps - I had to usee these stamps before they even made it into THE box.  Plus I used a Fillable Frame set that had been hiding in the box for awhile now!


My main inspiration was the colors - a group of colors that I would never, ever have put together!  I did start out working with the graphic lines, but the only thing that survived from my first "inspiration" was the Cane Print background.

I added some gold shimmer spritz to the Autumn Rose medallion and the bells.  I wanted it on the Autumn Rose because it seemed like such a strange color in this mix.  I thought the gold would change it enough to fit in, but as you can see, you can barely see the gold and I think the Rose still blends!  What a great inspiration piece!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Bells & Boughs, Christmas Blessings, Fillable Frames #10
  • Paper: Papertrey Smokey Shadow, Autumn Rose, white
  • Ink: Papertrey Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, and inks to coordinate with Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy and Smokey Shadow
  • Accessories: Papertrey Bells & Boughs dies, Fillable Frames #10 die, Doily Details Die, Cane Print Impression Plate, Hawaiian Shores ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment