Monday, September 26, 2011

A Day in the Life...

It's Monday...and I ended up out sick...and at home today...I did work the weekend, as I mentioned in Saturday's post...I also mentioned that it was our 23rd anniversary on the 24th...Funny thing about that...My lucky co worker for the weekend celebrated her anniversary on the 24th also..her 23rd...That's right, we were both married to our respective grooms on the same day, in the same year,1988!!
How about that! We both worked! How about that!?! lol!
My husband came up and met me after work for a late lunch, which really turned out to be an early dinner...more on that in a minute...we went for Chinese...this is unusual for us...the why of that has to do with my breast cancer story, which I will save for October...Well, that and the fact that I am not a very adventurous eater...


So, anyway...we were intending to use a gift card that I gave my Hubby for Christmas, oh, I'd say about 1.5 years ago...We were seated and ordered a couple of appetizers and he went with a chicken dish and then just fired rice with chicken and beef for me...told you, no adventure for me...Well this was around 2 o'clock! We ate our appetizers and talked...and talked...Hubby made fun of me for attempting to use chopsticks, but guess what? I was successful! And I had so much fun using them! The diet Coke was flowing...


After a while the manager came over to our table and asked which one of us ordered the rice as an entree...I did...well their rice cooker stalled and they had no white rice and they had to start over..did I still want that? Yes I did...OK...We continued to enjoy ourselves and munch on crunchy fried and breaded green beans...Is there any other way to serve them? Well, a few more apologetic manager/server visits and we finally received our quite delicious and large meals...
A while later our server brought out the dessert menu and said don't eat all of that rice because the desserts on us...He had already said the entree was...
He talked us into Banana rolls (like egg rolls) and ice cream...
Man, as someone that has Type II diabetes I NEVER indulge in dessert...But it was delicious! When Hubby got out the gift card, the server indignantly told us there would be NO check...He had never seen it take so long for anyone to be able to get an order of fried rice and the entire dinner was on them...So we have yet to use that PF Changs gift card! lol! The date was lovely, and I do believe that they actually did us a favor because we would never have taken such a leisurely time and talked and just generally enjoyed each others company if they had not taken so long with the rice.


The next day I received a text from my husband while I was on the way home from work...You never said anything about the flowers on the sideboard...ME: What flowers? Him: the ones I left on the sideboard. ME: from who? HIM: Me... You got me flowers? Why didn't you give them to me? Him: I put them there before we met for lunch and when I got home you were asleep and I waited for you to say something and today I just realized that you hadn't...
And that's the rest of the story...lol...



No comments:

Post a Comment