Saturday, September 17, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches: Grateful

I have a box on my desk in my craft corner.  It's an overflowing, in-the-way box of stamps-that-will-not-be-put-away-until-they-are-used.  It's usually a pleasant box of stamps, sparkling clean and full of potential.  But at the point that it starts to overflow, it becomes an incredible irritant.  So...I have a new motto:

Thou Shalt Use No Other Stamps Until THE Box is Empty!!

This is a worthy goal but, of course, completely unobtainable.  Right now, I have orders coming from three places.  But maybe if I stick with it this week, it will no longer be an irritating, overflowing mess!!

FYI: These are stamps that are new to me - not necessarily brand new products.

As soon as I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketch, I knew that I had the perfect fit in THE box.


I used some shimmer paint dabbed randomly on the berries.  Not only does it add shimmer, but it slightly lightens the color, so IRL there is some very nice berry varieties!



This is a new challenge - it's only on sketch 2. The goal is to be clean, but not necessarily simple - this totally works for my style!  Although you can use any product on entry, the design team uses Stampin' Up.  Generally, I would use Stampin' Up because they use it - but...remember...I have THE box staring at me!


I entered last week's challenge and was thrilled to be named a Perfect Princess!!  Who would have thought that this slightly-more-than-middle-aged, a little more than slightly-over-target-weight, bespectacled mom would be a Princess???  It made my day!!

  • Stamps: Papertrey A Wreath for All Seasons, Stampin' Up Cute Converse (sentiment)
  • Paper: Papertrey Fine Linen, Vanilla Cream, Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler ribbon, tag punch and Frost White Shimmer paint; Papertrey buttons, Cuttlebug embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment