Friday, September 9, 2011

A Freshly Made, ColourQed, Paper Player birthday!

There is a new challenge out there that I think I am going to love!  It's called Freshly Made Sketches - they ask that players make clean, but not necessarily simple, cards and that is exactly how I would describe my style!

This week is their first sketch and to play along I wanted to pull in some other favorite challenges.

ColourQ has an amazing variety of color challenges and include a fun inspirational piece with each one.  This week's colors absolutely reminded me of a girlfriend with upcoming birthday - aren't they just fresh and fun??


And then I had to play along with The Paper Players.  They have a variety of challenges - sketches, colors, themes - and this week was to make a birthday card.  I had really wanted to pull out a true birthday stamp - but my card, as it is, came together perfectly for my friend.



Isn't it amazing how when you already have the colors, the sketch and the theme (and throw in a special friend) - cards come together easily???


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Garden Silhouettes, Great Friend (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Cottage Wall dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Markers in Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence and Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Butterfly Embosslit and border punch, Stickles (Thistle), Cuttlebug and Quickutz embossing folders, ribbons from Hobby Lobby, gems colored with copics

No comments:

Post a Comment