Monday, August 15, 2011

Something new for the boy's room

 A few weeks ago a tutorial was posted on I *think* Sew Mama Sew. I cannot find it now but it inspired me to  make a quick duvet cover for Adam's bed. Seems only fair that he get something new in his room with all the work going on in Katy's room


I have had this Japanese fabric (from Sara) for about a year and a half and am finally happy to have found the perfect project for it. Adam was given the choice of what he wanted and chose this one speedy quick! Junie B. Jones is making a comeback in our house ;o) I used Kona royal blue for the piping and Target had an awesome sale last week on sheets so I used a flat sheet (100% cotton) for the back. It took about 2.5 hours to complete this project.



The original tutorial used piping on the sides but I decided to add it to the top and bottom too. Not on the opening part but right up to it. I think it gives a nice look when you turn it down.



George likes it and has asked me to make some pillows to match. Maybe tomorrow George...


If someone knows which tutorial I am talking about please could you linky me????? Thanks!

Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment