Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rainy days and Sundays...or Mondays( if I wanted to correctly quote the song)






Don't get me down but they sure do get in the way of painting furniture :o(



Instead I cleaned my sewing space and finished Katy's ruffle pillow!!!!!!



I used a tutorial from Midwestern Sewing Girl and changed the single row to a double row for more ruffle.  I also added a zipper instead of the envelope back.

The thing I learned is to make sure to loosen the upper thread on the machine *bang head*  I was killing my fingers and I finally took out the manual to the old girl ( the machine not me) and set the upper tension and it made all the difference in the world.



I used the Hello my name is in pastel colorway by Robert Kaufman. It made it a much easier start. Chose the colors I wanted and sewed .75 in on either side. Then pulled to make the ruffles.



I pinned the ruffles to the fabric for the pillow and sewed over the lines that made the ruffles.



Fun and easy project and I am pretty sure some white ones will be showing up in my room soon :o)

An updated photo after the  sun came out this afternoon!!!!!



This is the reason my photos are so cruddy.


Have a great Sunday!!!!!

Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment