Thursday, August 18, 2011

Seriously? Thursday!


Seriously?! I went back to work on Monday...Finally...but that is not the Seriously...this is...I got maybe about three feet from the SUV and I went down...hard...

Seriously?! I decided to leave the stuff in my left hand on the ground but I had my purse and my computer bag nicely settled on my right shoulder...and so...you guessed it...I decided to just stand up like that...

Seriously?! Very, Very, bad idea ( picture Indian man from Seinfeld wagging finger here) I went down... again... 

Seriously?! I just sat there and said out loud to myself...well that didn't work...

Seriously?! Not so much to myself...I looked up to see the very Nice Dr. that usually gets there around the same time as I do, walking over to me, asking if he can help me up...I explain that I think I need to put everything down..

Seriously?! He agrees...I try to disengage the straps from my arm to no avail...they are hopelessly tangled and I give up and stare at the straps of my pretty and heavy coach bags...

Seriously?! Nice Dr. reaches down and unwinds the big one so that I can get them off of my arm...so far so good...

Seriously?! I then proceed to put my two hands on the ground like a toddler and lift my large ass in the air and stand up...yep said ass was pointed at Nice Dr....stop laughing!

Seriously?! I notice at this point that my white pants on my left knee have a decidedly pink tinge to them... uh oh...

Seriously?!  I proceed to pick up all of the bags again...I am beginning to realize that this was a bad idea to begin with. I am weak and should not be carrying so much. I have not worn real shoes for a month. I need to walk slowly and concentrate...Dr. asks if he can carry something. I refuse and he leaves...I thank him and ask him not to tell my Podiatrist that he witnessed this (they work in the same office)...he nods...I should have asked him not to tell anyone...remember this...

Seriously?! You did not think this fiasco was over did you? Oh no...he and I get on at the second floor. My co workers get on at the first floor. Keep this in mind...I get to the 4th floor and see one co worker heading down to the O.R. she asks after me and I tell her what happened...then she says "no one is in there, I don't know where they all are... I didn't see them in the garage either..."

Seriously?! I head on in and sit in the back to check out my knee...said knee does not look good...there is much commotion and they come in looking for me and asking if I am all right! 

Seriously?! You see...when Nice Dr. got on the elevator on the second floor my co workers were already on it and discussing the busy day ahead...they mentioned the fact that "Kim was back today" Someone else said they weren't sure...I had mentioned to ND while sitting on the floor of the garage, that it was my first day back after being out sick for a month(not a good beginning)...so when he hears this on the elevator, he mentions to the ladies that I am there and that I have fallen twice. They think ND is kidding. He manages to convince them that he is, indeed,telling them the truth, he really did see me fall twice in the garage...

Seriously?! So the reason there was no one in the lab? They all got off the elevator and went back down to the second floor of the garage to see if I needed any help! ND told them he thought I had too many bags, really? ( this is when they knew he really had seen me, aka: the bag lady)...In the meantime I went up on another elevator...

Seriously?! Is this sounding like a Laurel and Hardy skit or what?!

Seriously?! And that was just the first day!!

Oh, here is a picture of my knee, taken on Thursday...three days later...




No comments:

Post a Comment