Monday, August 8, 2011

SCS CAS - a sketch challenge

You HAVE to click over to today's Splitcoast CAS challenge to see the inspiration card.  I managed to take a card that included a cold beer with a big head of foam and turn it into an elegant sympathy card?!!??


I actually started out this morning using stamps from the Papertrey Anniversary set.  When I saw the inspiration card, I knew that the image had to be unique and interesting and these flowers definitely fit the bill.  But as I worked with it, I just had the feeling that I had seen cards just like this before... I think many people are using these flowers off the edge.  That's when I pulled out the embossing folder and made the above card.



I am hoping to have some serious crafting time this week.  My youngest is already back in school, my eldest heads back tomorrow and my husband takes off today for Virginia to help his mother after shoulder surgery.  That leaves me home...alone!!  Hmmmm...I wonder how I can fill the time?  (After, of course, I deal with a bunch of tasks related to getting confirmation at church started up, volunteering at the snack shack for the marching band, attending media day at Erik's school, and picking a school to get my accounting degree.  You can all relate, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment