Friday, August 12, 2011

Clean&Simple CAS-ual Friday!

Two of my favorite challenges teamed up this week for one sketch challenge!

I had already set aside this day to play with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Foam Ink Tools and Craft Sheets.  I have watched a few YouTube videos on making these stunning, richly colored backgrounds and decided it couldn't be that hard.  Well, it is now 3 p.m. here - and I have just finished a card that I am happy enough to post.  But I picked up a lot of tips and ideas as I was working with these tools.  Hmmm....I'm feeling that a Friday Focus post is coming soon.  

Here's my "simple" card that took most of the day - but I do have to say that when I finally got the process down - the final version of this card wasn't more than 10-15 minutes - so it did get much, much easier!



The two challenges that teamed up are CAS-ual Fridays and clean&simple

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Life, sentiment from StampingScrapping Design Tag Accents

  • Paper: Papertrey Ripe Avocado, Stampin' Up Confetti Tan

  • Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks Tumbled Glass, Dried Marigold, Crushed Olive, Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment