Saturday, August 13, 2011

PTI Make It Monday: Welcome Christmas

I am already working on Christmas cards - our church cardmaking group has to get a big head-start on the holiday!

I am thrilled with this card!  (Or maybe I am just tired of being hot and cranky and I am dreaming of cold winter days!)  I had recently purchased the Alpha-Blocks die from Papertrey with the intent of using it for a window.  I made the wall by rubbing white paint (an Adirondack paint dabber) on Papertrey's Kraft CS.  When it was dry, I used their Woodgrain Impression Plate and then lightly sanded.

I wanted a pretty bow under the window and I remembered that this week's Make It Monday technique was to use Copic markers to color your own ribbon.  I found some soft gold ribbon (to match the star on the tree) and added red and green lines.

At this point, I was definitely making a Papertrey card - so I HAD to use a Papertrey Christmas tree.  I was shocked to discover that this is the only Christmas tree that I have by them.  (I am going to have to remedy that situation as they have some lovely trees.)  This is a gorgeous tree but perhaps a little small for my window.  I colored it with Copics and added some Candy Cane Stickles.




  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Believe

  • Paper: Papertrey Kraft and a misc red

  • Ink: Memento Black and copics

  • Accessories: Papertrey Alpha-blocks die and Woodgrain Impression Plate, Adirondack Snow Cap Paint Dabber, Candy Cane Stickles, ribbon from Michaels


This is my second post for the day - keep reading for a CAS Thanksgiving card using a background of Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment