Monday, July 9, 2012

It's New Release Day at Sweet 'n Sassy!!

It's the most wonderful time of the month...new release day at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!!!

This month's new release is what I love about Sweet 'n Sassy...there is a mix of classic, Christian and fun.  I got a little of both in my package to preview!!

The first stamp set is a classic Christian set.  Although you don't see the stamp on the outside of my card - the sentiment that inspired this card is the verse from the hymn "It Is Well"...When peace like a river attendeth my way..."


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps


The bridge is silver embossed with a few tiny sparkles for the feeling of the sun shining on the water.  Such a classic and so very peaceful image!

Then for my second card, I stretched my comfort zone...can you hear me taking a big leap???  I already had my stash of embossing powders out and when I am embossing I try to do a number of cards because no matter how hard that I try I MAKE A MESS!!  I have to strip everything off my desk and scrub in every nook and cranny - so I might as well make it worth the time.

I also just got a very unique Washi tape - it's almost neon.

I put it all together for this...


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps


Doesn't that image work perfectly with all the gold and neon???  It's such a sweet and simple image, it can be used in so many ways.  Sweet 'n Sassy is celebrating their release all day long with challenges in the Sweet 'n Sassy forum on Splitcoaststampers.  I'm hosting a color challenge at noon EST and for my sample, I use this same stamp in a very traditional way!!!

My card recipes are at the very bottom of this post.

The next person on the hop is Cathy McCauley

Click on this badge for full details on all of the fun and all of the challenges with Sweet 'n Sassy!


Other fun details:
  • The full release is available NOW in the Sweet 'n Sassy store.  
  • There is a free stamp set with a $50 purchase!
  • There are SO many prizes this month...I have lost track!!  Definitely comment as you are hopping, because the full release is up for grabs - get your comments in by Friday the 13th at midnight EST.  Taylor is giving away stamps for commenting on her blog and another set on Splitcoaststampers.  There are also prizes up for grabs for playing along with the challenges.  

In case you get lost - here's the list of the the design team:

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Kim Singdahlsen <==You Are Here

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Bridge of Hope
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Blush Blossom, Brushed gold from Michaels
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Versamark
  • Accessories: Spellbinders tag, Fiskars small corner rounder, silver cord and detailed silver embossing ink
  • Challenges: The Play Date Cafe - I almost didn't acknowledge this challenge because the photo of my card looks distinctly copper and pink - but the paper REALLY was Brushed Gold.  Unfortunately, I delivered the card at church this morning, so I do not have it to take another picture!  I still wanted to credit Play Date Cafe, because I was having a total mental block on this card until I saw this color challenge!!

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Dream Big
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: detailed gold embossing powder, Washi Tape by Sweet Bella (I wrapped the edges of my second layer in Washi tape), gold cord


No comments:

Post a Comment