Saturday, July 14, 2012

Less Is More: Three

If you are here for the Dynamic Duos post,
it's just a short scroll away!

This week's Less Is More challenge is EASY - - "THREE" - - and there is no better number to use for cardmaking. Of course, to counteract the easy theme - it had to be ONE LAYER week.  I really do like CAS cards, but one layer is hard.  I always at least want to put one layer at the back as a frame.

I am seeing a lot of cards out there that are a stamped solid image, highlighted with Copics or other pens.  I decided to give it a try on this very simple card.  There is just a touch of darker color near the bodies of the butterfly.


Deepest Sympathy

You can see it a little better on this card that I rejected because the top butterfly was just too "heavy".  (For the record, I'm not in love with the first card either, but it's hard to go too wrong with the gorgeous sentiment and sweet little butterflies!)

Deepest  Sympathy




Notice that I used THREE butterflies, THREE little blings and, I just noticed, there are THREE words in the sentiment (or maybe that's stretching it a little bit!)






My butterflies are the colors from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge


You'll have to read on to my next post which was an attempt at a card for LIM - but after I got done with it, I noticed the big bold "ONE LAYER" on their challenge!  Oops.
  • Stamps: DRS Designs sentiment, PTI Beautiful Butterflies
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, So Saffron, black, Copics to match
  • Accessories: tiny bling

No comments:

Post a Comment