Friday, July 27, 2012

Snake, Rattle & Roll

It is my husband's birthday today and  I haven't had anything made for him - which was OK given that he's not back in town until 5 tonight.  My time on my own is coming to an end :(

The problem was that I really had no ideas either.  He's not a elegant/vintage/cutesy/retro/sweet kind of guy.  He is, however, a very clean and simple guy.  I can stick one little gem on a card and he'll wander by my craft desk and tell me it's too much, that I just ruined the card!!  So I kept my fingers crossed that the CAS-ual Fridays challenge would give me an idea.

Ta da!!  The challenge for the week is lime, aqua and navy which could definitely be a guy's card.  Then, I had in my head that I wanted to do something with The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS) because I wanted to remind you to wander over to their blog and leave a comment because they are giving away free stamps each day!!   Well...TAWS has a snake stamp (no implications, honey) and the perfect sentiment for my hubby.


Snake, Rattle and Roll

This sentiment is going to get the biggest laugh.  You have to understand that my husband is a geologist.  He is passionate about the goings on of the earth - both ancient and current.  Never drive through the state of Wyoming with a geologist because you have to stop at each and every road cut in the middle of nowhere and study the layers.  

Less than two weeks before we were married, we were watching the World Series.  (I am going to seriously date myself here).  It was the game in San Francisco that, during warm-ups, the camera started to jiggle and then everything went dark.  (OK, it was 1989.)  As a geologist, my husband knew instantly what happened - an earthquake!!  And without any regard for the human impact of an earthquake but with utter delight over the shaking of the earth, my future husband danced around the living room singing "shake, rattle and roll"!  He'll NEVER live that down!

I tucked a few fun pennants behind the snake to keep it festive!  And I added just a strip of punched border.  That little strip is a big step for me.  I am such a geometric kind of gal, that strips should go the whole way - or better yet, matte the whole darn image - keep it regular!!  But it sure is fun to just have a hint of border!



I'm also submitting to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes.
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Tropic Topic and Get the Point
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse, Kiwi Kiss, Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores, Memento black, copics
  • Accessories: EK Success border punch, Ranger Glossy Accents (on his eyes!)



No comments:

Post a Comment