Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dynamic Duos: Sweet Baby Jesus

I certainly can't say that I started out thinking I was going to do a Christmas card for the Dynamic Duos monochromatic brown challenge, but here it is...



Sweet Baby Jesus




I had two goals when I started the day...get my card done for Dynamic Duos and AFTER I played with the browns, I was going to treat myself to using my brand new Christmas stamps from Annabelle Stamps.  The day wasn't going my way - I had a lot of starts and stops with the browns - and I kept wanting to sneak in a Christmas card.  Finally, I gave up on the browns, pulled out the Christmas set, studied the baby Jesus and realized that he would be wrapped in raw linens - browns!!!  

I think it works!!

Check out all the other fantastic cards, then give it a try yourself.  We love looking at everybody's creations each week.  (And I have a bet with myself that we won't see any Christmas cards!!!  ETA - I just realized another design team member snuck in a Christmas card, I guess I'm not as creative as I thought!!)

  • Stamps: Annabelle Stamps Wise Men
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Early Espresso
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, copics
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Extra Fine Crystal Glitter, Lil' Inker Designs Frame Impression Plate, Stampin' Up Espresso Quilted Ribbon and oval punch
  • Challenges: Submitting to Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment