Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ColourQ and i{heart}2stamp Challenges

This is my second post today and this card is even brighter and bolder than the first card.  On my earlier post I freely admitted that I was way out of my comfort zone with the colors - I can't believe that I have done it again!  Of course, it isn't something that I would have ever attempted without some amazing inspiration from colourQ!


Their inspiration photo is so darn cute, my card won't measure up!!  (Actually, I am really happy with my card and I am wondering if I am turning into a "Brights" kind of gal in my old age?)




The layout comes from the i{heart}2stamp monthly sketch challenge, and check out the date - once again I have waited until the last day.  Their sponsor this month is Your Next Stamp.  I like to try to use that company's stamps on my card but I actually don't have any.  After browsing their site, I definitely have a wishlist.


Then, to totally top off my descent into the world of bold and bright colors, I had a card from last week mentioned in two different challenges.  Here's the card (details here).  It's as bold and bright as my last two cards and it is a colourQ courtier and a Paper Player Cut Above.



Details on the first card:
  • Stamps: My Cute Stamps Elegant Birds
  • Ink: Memento Black and copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up lattice embossing folder, Soft Suede ribbon, Nestabilities circles and scalloped circles, Stickles in Glam Pink, Yellow and Orange Peel


No comments:

Post a Comment