Monday, May 30, 2011

SCS CAS: Folded or Scrunched

Today's Splitcoast CAS Challenge was to fold or scrunch your ribbon.  I really like the folded ribbon look - I did a quick tutorial here (scroll past the shimmer paint instructions).


I pulled out the retired Kiwi Kiss for this card since I had ribbon, buttons, ink and paper in that color.  Since I had retired colors out - I also used Ruby Red and Cameo Coral, one of my favorite combos!

As a total sidetrack - how many of my Colorado readers are being invaded by miller moths?  I thought the cold weather might stop them - but apparently not.

For non-Colorado readers - I found this brief description of what it is like in Colorado during miller moth season:

Multitudes of Moths

Here's what happens if you simply use a fly swatter.  That's the "dust" from one of them smeared across my computer screen!

Although I really ought not complain as I just read about this Bermuda blogger's giant centipedes and flying cockroaches!!
I will have more posts today as I am finishing up the Verve May challenges and I have three to go!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Bold Blossom
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss, Ruby Red, Soft Suede
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Butterfly embosslist, Playground buttons, gems

No comments:

Post a Comment