Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Flock of CAS Bird Cards

In my day-before-church-cardmaking panic, I am putting together some very clean and simple cards.  This group of cards  is focused on birds!  And, also in my day-before-church-cardmaking panic, many of these are lifted from others!

This card comes from JENerally Speaking.  I always try to change someting when I copy a card - different sentiment, a little embossing, a black mat - but in this case I like Jen's original better.


I got the next idea from Creations by Mercedes.  She does some wonderful punch art.  In this case, I changed colors, added wood texture to the birdhouse, and changed the "foliage".


Unfortunately, I don't know where to credit this one.  I'm usually quite good at keeping the credits in my file, but I missed this one.  The sample card that I have shows white on the kraft paper.  I added the sentiment and the ribbon/border.


The next card is the closest that I came to a total CASE.  Here's the card on Splitcoast.  My only real change is to use embossed cardstock on the bottom layer and a few black gems. (Truth be told, I started out with what I thought was a gorgeous color combo, with Peach Parfait as the small mat and PTI Fine Linen as the main mat, but my husband, while looking over my shoulder, stated that it looked like fall.  I don't want fall cards in the spring - so I changed it all!  Unfortunately, he is home right now and is spending most of his time "looking over my shoulder".  You should hear what he says when I try to add bling to anything!)


Because I truly am in my day-before-church-cardmaking panic, I am going to skip putting the "recipes" on for now, but I will be back on Sunday to add all the details!.

No comments:

Post a Comment