Thursday, May 26, 2011

ColourQ and Paper Players Flower Fest

First - a disclaimer - I never look at the cards from the other participants in a challenge until I have completed my card or the challenge closes.  I am not that far removed from the days when I simply CASed cards and didn't have an idea of my own!!  So I figure if I don't see the others cards, my idea will be mine!

So today's story is even worse.

I was playing at my friend's house - the one that I mentioned yesterday who has even more stamping stuff than I do!  She has the new Stampin' Up set Flower Fest.  Frankly, it's not even on my wishlist but I have loved the cards that have used it with white embossing.  So I looked through my favorite challenges and thought it would fit perfectly with The Paper Players sketch.


I then chose the rich colors of colourQ.


Then this morning I got up to read today's blogs and  finish putting the card together - and surprise(!) someone else had done the same thing, with the same sketch - but different colors - and had won a different blog contest.  But...here's the embarassing part, when I checked back - it was one of the design team cards from The Paper Players!  I accidentally CASed one of the sample cards of the challenge!!!

So I bored you with that whole story because I am feeling like I shouldn't even post this accidentally CASed card, but it has ended up being one of my favorite cards that I have done in months and I am darn proud of it!!  Here it is...


Thanks for listening and looking!!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Fest, Stamp Oasis sentiment
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, versamark
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Real Red, So Saffron CS and dsp, Daffodil, Kiwi Kiss
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up White Embossing Powder and border punch, circle and scalloped circle nesties

No comments:

Post a Comment