Monday, May 23, 2011

JAI: Life Happens

I really like this week's Just Add Ink colors - they are so sweet and gentle.



I used them to sponge colors on the back of a vellum butterfly (the baja is hard to see in the picture but it's on the bottom.)  Then I saw that the butterfly was quite a heavy image so instead of keeping the card sweet and gentle - I had to go darker by adding some darker neutrals and by using a heavier sentiment.  This wasn't remotely where I was headed but I like how it turned out.



The layout comes from today's Splitcoast Clean and Simple challenge.

  • Stamps: There She Goes Spread Your Wings, Stampin' Up Full of Life
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, black
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, black, white, Perfect Plum dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up black ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment