Monday, May 23, 2011

Necessary and fun sewing



First off and most important... Joel Dewberry, I adore your fabrics!!!!!! I know there is Amy Butler Moon Dots in there too but that is because they go with flippin EVERYTHING!!!!!! It is almost a mortal sin to sew a quilt without some color of Moon Dots :o)

I know we all have those necessary sewing projects that we must do. Not that they are not fun or we would not do them at all. I needed to make some little travel bags for my trip this week to see my grandsons ( meeting Blake for the first time) but decided to make diapers instead. I finally got around to sewing ONE bag.  ONE!!!!!!!!

This is how it turned out



Inside



Pretty sad considering I need three more and shoe bags to boot :o(


But instead of doing my bags I decided to start on another quilt! Mind you I am leaving in three days but  I could not resist these beautiful Joel Dewberry fabrics just asking to be sewn into something. Funny when the mood strikes it can be like a lightening bolt!

So I decided on the cute zig zag pattern using half square triangles on a quilt is nice.  


So I drew my lines. Do not look at the bottom I was listening to DMB Crush and well I was all distracted, what can I say ;o)


sewed 1/4 inch on either side of the corrected drawn line

Cut the drawn line with my handy dandy rotary cutter 


And then started putting the zig zags together which I think is way fun!!!!




So that is as far as I have gotten with the quilt this week. I am happy with my progress and I am looking forward to finishing it in the next few weeks.  Until then , I have some bags, some bibs and a hooter hider to sew...I'd better get crackin!!!!!

Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment