Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Warm Wishes on Merry Monday

It's the last Merry Monday of the year so I absolutely had to be sure to play along.  I dabbled with Merry Monday when they started at the beginning of the year, but I didn't get serious until about August.     I love how far ahead I am on Christmas...for me, being far ahead means I am not mailing on 12/26!!  But I could be completely done had I played from the beginning.  Next year, I guarantee I will be there on Challenge #1!

This card should have been SO easy.  I had a strong mental picture from the moment that I saw the sketch.  But it would not translate.  I saw bright stamped snowflake circles on top of the nordic print (too busy), I tried punched snowflakes (didn't have the right sizes), I tried bright pink buttons with pink paper under the gray (couldn't find anything to go between the buttons)...I refuse to add up how long I spent on this simple card.  I dug to the bottom of my Christmas embellishment box and found an old container of plastic embellishments which I ended up using, but even that was difficult (cute mittens then not three of the same color).  Am I whiny today, or what?  I shouldn't be because, in the end, I like the card!

Warm Winter Wishes

Don't look too closely at the picture though, because as a final blow, I could not get a picture with accurate colors.  The sparkly centers and the small snowflakes match IRL but are a truer blue than in this picture.  No matter what setting I tried on the camera, the sparklies came out more turquoise but the small snowflakes stayed blue.  I am so tired of looking at this card - I just color-corrected in Photoshop!!!


  • Stamps: WPlus9 Fairisle Backgrounds, Winter Wishes (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Going Gray, Pool Party
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Going Gray, Versamark
  • Accessories: Detail White Embossing Powder, American Crafts Holiday House Winter Plastic (really old!), Pebbles Glitter Candy Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment