Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Gather Together Pink Saturday!

       

    As Thanksgiving approaches, we all tend to think of those things that we are most thankful for. 
Lately I have been thinking that it is best to be thankful for the everyday...the things that we all take for granted...the things that many lost during hurricane Sandy.

I have a friend and fellow committee member (Survivor committee) that took it upon herself to create Project Hope. Pattie encouraged everyone she knows to gather clothes and other practical items and bring them to her. I was able to donate several bags of items and I met and got several bags more from friends...By the time I was through, I had a truckful:)
She gathered a team of 25 people to travel up to New Jersey to volunteer with an organization called Samaritan's Purse. 
They ended up taking over 80 boxes of clothes and other items! 
The group was assigned to work on a family home and to help haul out and clean up the home and grounds...
I was unable to go as I had to work, but I understand that the day was a huge success!   
The experienced has forever changed them...and myself...for the better...


So as we gather together this Thanksgiving and enjoy all that this holiday has to offer, please keep in mind all of the little things that your life includes...and give thanks for them:) 



                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment