Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Goodbye Little Turkey...See Ya Next Year!!

I am blessed with that rarest of things - a husband who cooks - and not does he cook, he insists on doing the entire Thanksgiving feast.  This means that I have time to play!  Thanksgiving is at my house this year but just a small gathering, my family and my brother's family.  That means besides the adults, we have my two teenage boys and two little girls.  So I wanted to throw together something quick and cute.  Not too much work because the children will have them pulled apart before we eat - but just a little decoration.

The little turkey found in Cover-Ups by The Alley Way Stamps HAS to be one of my all-time favorite turkeys.  (Plus, you can get him in a biggie-size in the set It's Fall About You.)  He is so much fun to color!  So I pulled him out one last time this year for this silverware holder...

Silverware Holder
The holder is from a pillow box die - mine is from Papertrey Ink - I know Sizzix and maybe Stampin' Up have them also.  After I cut it out - I cut the the top off straight.  A little embossing, paper and ribbon and it's perfect for the silverware!!
And...between the turkey ("Gobble, Gobble") and silverware (gobble, gobble, yum!), I thought this was a perfect entry for this week's CASology challenge:


  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Cover-Ups, names are computer generated
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Stampin' Up Orchard Harvest dsp, Very Vanilla CS
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Pillow Box die and Bookmark die (which I cut shorter for a tag), Stampin' Up Old Olive ribbon and Cherry twine


No comments:

Post a Comment