Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Peace on Earth (with Dimension!)

I was looking at all of the current challenges that I wanted to play this week while life was a little easier without running the kids to schools and practices, etc.  (Plus, my husband cooks Thanksgiving dinner so I am free and easy!!)  There are so many, I decided to combine three in this card!

Peace on Earth

I started with the technique challenge at Technique Tuesday: 3D Punched Elements.  They have a nice picture tutorial of how to put these together!  For my tree, I used two different blues and then covered every other panel with glitter - just trying to give the tree some shadow an dimension!  (If you ever have group cardmaking events with kids and teens - this is a great technique to use - check it out here!)

I was going to do a traditional green tree, but the Winter Blues challenge at CAS-ual Fridays called my name.  I'm glad it did, because the blues led me to the beautiful sentiment and the soft background paper.

In keeping it very clean and simple, I went with the current sketch at iSpy Sketches


  • Stamps: Verve Star of Wonder
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Silver Shimmer, Bashful Blue, Bliss Blue (retired), Going Gray (retired), Bo Bunny Powder Mountain
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Brocade Blue (retired)
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Pretty Patches Tree die, Bo Bunny Powder Mountain gems, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (applied with spray adhesive)



No comments:

Post a Comment