Saturday, November 17, 2012

I'm Number ONE!!!!!! ( PSA and graphic post warning)


This is my story from yesterday, my PSA for all the sewers and quilters that do things a thousand times...come rain or shine...sometimes sleep deprived...sometimes just a bit distracted from kids or television ( do I hear Downton Abbey or Twilight in the background?) or deadlines that we place on ourselves ( Yes, Amy,Sara and Lisa...this includes YOU!)...I  was the number one idiot!!!!! 



I was working on my do.GoodStitches blocks in the most beautiful colors.  I woke yesterday with a throbber of a headache so was kinda out of sorts even beginning my day.  I should have known better...I did know better...but I could not resist these cuties...and I wanted to be on time this month...

I was trimming the little ends on this one...



With this blade...

And that is when it happened...
*************WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO*************
***PLEASE DO NOT LOOK IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GORE***


I did not yell, cry or throw up...I did say a four letter word and grabbed the paper towels...I called Amy and then cried since I was having a SH***Y day and then decided I did need to go to the er...


*******NO FABRIC WAS RUINED IN THIS ACCIDENT*****
We all know what is really important ;o)


I waited around for quite a bit and had AMAZING support from my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter friends...I cried about that later too...I really am a VERY LUCKY girl!!!!!

Now I am the owner of four stitches in my finger. My biggest disappointment  is that I am not sewn up with Aurifil thread! I asked and they had NONE!!!!! WTH!?!?

The bonus is that the PA that did my stitches gave me the scissors to bring home!!!!!! SCORE!!!!!! The bag cracks me up!!!!




Today, being the planner that I am, I decided to figure out what color of Aurifil thread I am, order it and if I ever have this happen again, I am prone to accidents, I can go in prepared!

Really, I can't sew and this seems like a fun thing to do, LOL!

I am somewhere in between 2420

and 2410

But I think it would be super fun to have these variegated  threads as stitches!!!!!

Please be careful in your sewing!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment