Saturday, November 17, 2012

Snow on the Lawn

This is my second post today.

There's a new challenge out there - Addicted to CAS and their first challenge is "snow".

Snow on the Lawn

Isn't this totally true???

But...this is the first and last time that I will be using this stamp.  Does anybody see the error?  I was raised by a 9th grade English/Grammar teacher so very little gets by me.

The words mean to say that my lawn looks as good as my neighbor's lawn (notice the apostrophe).  By not including the apostrophe, this stamp is actually saying that my lawn looks as good as the little old couple that live next door!!  NOT their lawn - but THEM!!

Funny story about my neighbors.  Over the years I have watched this elderly couple tend their lawn.  I have always kept a careful eye on them when I saw them outside as they always seemed so fragile.  (As a side note: we all live on 5 acre plots surrounded by fences and gates so none of us get to know our neighbors.  I think most of us move out here so we don't have to know our neighbors.)  Recently I saw a notice that the owner had died so I dropped by with sympathy card.  It turns out that I've been wrong all of these years - the fragile elderly couple who tend the lawn are the kids of the people who live there!!    Wow!  The gentlemen who just died was 102 years old!


I also used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.


  • Stamps: The Stampin' Place
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Sage Shadow (retired), Papertrey Pineforest, Cloud9 Stocking Stripe dsp (the snowflakes are on the paper)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Sage Shadow
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Calypso Twine, Memory Box die, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (on tops of trees and houses)

No comments:

Post a Comment