Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Treasure Life

There's a big celebration going on over at The Paper Players - it's their 100th challenge!  Their challenge to us is to use our favorite of their past challenges.  I couldn't possibly pick a favorite challenge so I went for a challenge that I had wanted to play and didn't find the time.  It's a color challenge using a wonderful soft and gentle color scheme.


Treasure Life




I had the card stamped yesterday morning - with the sentiment on one side and the flowers on the other - but something wasn't quite right - they seemed too separate.  This morning, it hit me.  I also had my folder of vellum on my desk to play along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  I thought that a piece of vellum in the corner would give it a misty look - as if the flowers were rising out of it...this would go along with the sentiment of hope. And if the vellum went over to the sentiment side, they would be more connected.  (OK - maybe I'm overthinking it - but thanks to CAS-ual Fridays for giving me my inspiration!)

Treasure Life

  • Stamps: Close To My Heart Treasure Life
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz (the pear does get a little lost under the vellum)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, white, Making Memories vellum
  • Accessories: misc twine, Recollections (Michaels brand) butterfly punch, Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles

No comments:

Post a Comment