Friday, June 8, 2012

A Princess finish and some GREAT NEWS!

IT IS FINISHED!!!!!! Can I get a BIG WOO HOO??????  This Pineapple Princess will be on her way to Sunny California today!!!!



 The back of the quilt. Laurie requested two layers of batting so I sent her Pellon's Nature's Touch.   She and I agreed it is amazing!!!!



The quilt from piecing to the quilting and binding is 100% Aurifil 50wt .  I was out of Aurifil for a short amount of time and let me tell you, I actually missed my Aurifil, it feels better and sews better than any other thread I have used. The results really speak for themselves :o)

The Longarm Quilting magic of Laurie Tigner is still blowing my mind!



The front!!!!! The stars were made using the tutorial from Faith at Fresh Lemons for her incredible Solstice Stars Series and I can recommend it highly! The fabric is Amy Butler from many different lines and they all look perfectly perfect together.




And now for my other GREAT NEWS!!!!!

I love Pellon, I love the history of the company ( it is a family business), I love the people that work for the company and the CEO is a cutie pie (sssshhhhh, we will keep that between us)!!!!! There is even a folk tale about the CEO having everyone at the company take a sewing class ( including himself) and he made a buffalo mini quilt that has it's own spot on the wall with a spotlight. I have to question the last part of that story since we all know how folk tales are :o)

Before I went to market, I had spoken to them about an idea for a tutorial and when I was at market I had some time to meet with them and can I just say, I fell in love!!!!!!

They decided to add me as a Pellon Artist ( these people are crazy).  I have really been hard at work trying to come up with ideas that are fun, a little different, functional and beautiful. I hope you will visit their other Pellon Artists like Sara Lawson ( I know you are all fainting from shock) since she is not only fabulous but I lurve her, another sweet and fab friend Rachael Gander from imagine gnats, and the incredibly talented Kaye Wood ( bowing down to her talents). The projects on the site are broken down into beginner, intermediate and advanced levels so there is something for everyone!!!! Think of it as your summer sewing guide...until fall and then we will change it to your fall sewing guide ;o)

Now, hopefully I can find something to do WITH the kids ALL summer and find time to sew too...

No comments:

Post a Comment